Social Media Intern
January - April 2018 (with option to extend through Spring)
We are looking for savvy Social Media Intern who will strategize, develop, execute, and evaluate social media strategy across platforms that will engage and grow our audience!
Monthly compensation and school credits accepted and will require a time commitment of 20 hours a month.
- Manage our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter feeds and brainstorm new social initiatives as needed
- Manage Instagram Takeovers
- Respond to all comments and questions as needed on social media feeds
- Attend events as needed and capture photos and videos for social promotion
- Provide support with live coverage at events (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Photography and graphic design experience is a major plus!
- Work with Editorial team to promote original content
- Understands social media landscape and is interested in learning and growing skills in engagement and audience development
- Strong understanding of Got a Girl Crush and our tone of voice, or willingness to learn
- Able to work remotely in a professional manner
Candidate will have the opportunity over the course of the internship to identify a project they'd like to develop and execute by the end of their tenure.
Ready to apply? Please submit the following:
- Introduce yourself (we're not looking for standard boring cover letters!), why you think you'd be a good candidate for this, any critiques you have of our social media presence and what you would propose to improve it
- Résumé showcasing any relevant experience
- Optional - Link(s) to your social media feed(s) that showcase your understanding of the platforms
Applications are due by December 29, 2017.