It’s the little things we come across day after day that manifest and empower us to go out and do cool things. A video of a young Stevie Nicks singing “Wild Heart” in her dressing room. Illustrated essays on American history by Maira Kalman. A lesson in animal mating rituals from Isabella Rossellini in Green Porno. The compelling story of a 1950s nanny turned street photographer named Vivian Maier. There’s never a shortage of women we can turn to for inspiration, and Got a Girl Crush is a place for us to harness that feeling.
Liz is a public radio journalist at 90.5 WESA (wesa.fm) in Pittsburgh, though she spent her formative years with Meg in Ohio. Liz likes biking and gardening and being outside, drinking cheap whiskey, and making music with friends. Her main girl crushes include Virginia Woolf, Etta James, and Leslie Knope.
WANT TO SUBMIT?
In an effort to bridge the wide gap between NYC and SF, we’d like to encourage our followers to look on their own communities to find crush-worthy women to bring attention to. Send your crush our way!
- Be Mine? Why It’s Smart to Court Your Friends (NY Mag - 10/24/12)
- An Adorable Editor Shows Off Her Crush-Worthy Style (Refinery 29 - 4/21/13)
- Carson Daly (Deano’s Deli on promoting GAGC mag party - 9/21/12)
- Big Things Ahead: Andrea & Meg of GAGC (01/12/12)
- Ladygunn Magazine Crush Issue
- Friday Bits on For Me, For You (9/9/11)
- Ms. Magazine - We Heart Girl Crush Media (9/6/11)
- BC Footwear’s Hey Girl Hey
Logo designed by the über talented Celeste Prevost!