Got a Girl Crush On: Cycling advocate, Helen Ho
Helen Shirley Ho dove head-first into the non-profit sector after she fell in love with urban biking. In addition to her role as as Development Director of Recycle-a-Bike, a non-profit which refurbishes bikes, she’s been a prolific community organizer, working on projects ranging from the art world to youth outreach to political campaigns and landmarking (she’s even co-founded a secret society for the latter).
Read more about Helen in our next issue….But we Need Your Help! Since the beginning, we wanted Got a Girl Crush Magazine to be an advertising-free publication, which is why we’ve created a Kickstarter to help bring it to print.
What’s in Issue #3? We’re working on this issue as we speak and hope to launch it in April 2014. We’ve got some great interviews, essays & articles lined up.
Here’s who you’ll find in Issue #3:
- Helen Ho (cycling advocate)
- Mary Roach! (author)
- Annie Larsen (ALL Knitwear)
- Cait Oppermann & Yael Malka (photographers)
- Cristen Conger & Caroline Ervin (Stuff Mom Never Told You podcast)
- Danielle Flowers (Gotham Girls Roller Derby)
- Ellen Van Dusen (Dusen Dusen)
- Jenny Thai (writer)
- Paula Z. Segal (596 Acres)
- Rena Tom (Makeshift Society)
- Sand Falconer & Dana Wright (Falconwright)
- Sonali Fernando (New Orleans renaissance woman)
Spread the word and chip in what you can — every bit helps and we’ve got some awesome rewards too!
(photos by Amanda Stosz)